2.12.2008

Do Not Go International

One of the first stores I hit up when I'm home (in good ol' Georgia ya'll!) is always Target. I mean, why is Target the one store without a location on the island of Manhattan? Super cute accessories at extremely low prices; what could be better? Not to mention the huge success of the Go International line that launched a few years back. This holiday season alone I stocked up on lots of frilly Erin Fetherston dresses and scoured the discount racks to find Alice Temperly pieces for $5!

With the Go line on a hiatus for over a month now, I was eagerly awaiting the look book for the Jovovich-Hawk line. It's not everyday that a stylish girl on a college budget can buy brand name pieces without guilt. Which is why I was so disappointed to see the feel for the new line is more Oklahoma-farm-girl than Kate-Moss-hippie-chic. I thought "Bobo" (the bohemian bourgeois style every MKO clone was sporting two years ago) was dead! Seriously, unwashed hair and Grandma's moth-eaten clothes don't look good on anyone! What do you guys think? Will you still take Milla Jovovich's style advice?

No comments: